Saturday, April 27, 2013

Uvic pole yarnbomb

This whole year at school, I have rode on the bus passed this naked pole. 
I think at one point, it indicated something about people crossing the 4 lanes of traffic there. A similar one is on the other side on the road, but it at least has a sign. This one was bare and naked.
So I began to plot a pole covering. Then I got terribly distracted by school. The pole still bothered me, but I needed some kind of motivation to go and get it covered.
I started hanging out with a friend of mine on campus, and she finally gave me the incentive to go and get the pole covered.
On Thursday, we headed out in the beautiful sunshine to yarnbomb. It was like the weather wanted the pole covered too. So nice, warm and sunny.

Here's it beautifully covered.

If you look in the background of this one, you can see a deer! It was grazing near the pole as we approached, but ran off as we came over.

I had a lot of fun building this one. All the scrap pieces from this one are from my friend Dela. She dropped off a bunch of scrap yarn and swatches recently. It's like x-mas when she visits. So thank you Dela for making this piece possible.

I just love yarn bombing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment