Monday, April 22, 2013

Welcome to crochet and knitting blog week 2013!

Hello everybody and welcome to an exciting time of year.
If you are just tuning in now, we are in the middle of exciting times. Right now, crochet and knitters alike are dawning woolly hats and deciding what yarning House they will belong to.
That's right folks, ripped straight from the pages of Harry Potter is a wonderful idea about 4 Houses to group like minded yarn artists.

The 4 houses to chose from are Bee, Manatee, Monkey and Peacock.
And I... -drum roll please- Am House Monkey!


The House of Monkey: Intelligent and with a fun loving side, Monkeys like to be challenged with every project presenting them with something new and interesting.


I like to think this is me. While I may not always be working on a project you can bet when I am that it will involve new techniques or sheer creativity. I don't like following a pattern. I like looking at something and thinking, can I make that? And then trying! For me yarn craft is about exploration and experimentation. And above all, art. I just want my yarn bombs out there in the world making people happy.


Also like a monkey, I often have to climb or move to unusual places to put my yarnbombs in exciting places. Recently, I had a friend climb a tree for me to place a yarn bomb. I think that;s something I would like to see myself doing in the future, although it is very nice to have help.


I think if monkeys could knit or crochet, they would want to do yarn bombing too.

Well, that's it for today! I hope you enjoyed and will tune in tomorrow for more exciting news from Knitting and Crochet Blog Week 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment