Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Some more ketchup

Hello!

I must say, I have spent this summer doing summer things and not really yarn bombing.
I have also spent my summer preparing for an arts festival that is happening at the end of summer. Now there are 9 days left until said art festival and I am mildly panicking, but that's for later.

For now, I wanted to mention a few catch up things.
Remember the spider yarn bomb? Back on November 4th, 2011, I put that spider in a tree. It's still there! I walk past it most days. It is definitely not looking so good, but I'm not sure I could get it out of the tree right now if I wanted. Either way, it's nice to know that yarn bomb lasted.

Remember the camo pole yarn bomb? in August of 2011, I put this camo sleeve on a pole in beacon hill park. And it is still there! The thing that gets me about this one is that it really is in plain view. You can see it form the park, and the street and it should be really obvious, but no one has noticed it. At one point, the pole even had a flyer attached to it, and yet when the flyer came down, the camo wrap did not. The colors have changed slightly, leaked away to being kind of pastel. I'll try to remember to take some pictures if I go past it again to get tacos.

Also, here are some small fun little yarnbombs that I have done in the last couple months.

they're not really anything big. Just some left over string type deals xD
BIG NEWS! I was featured as a top yarn bombing on MSN's living page thingy. Here let me link to it rather than try to explain. Anyway, my 2012 IYBD bomb is listed as being one of 25 brilliant yarn bombing ideas. That means a lot to me since I didn't think it was too strongly received when I first did it. But now it's getting crazy acclaim so I feel really good about that. Check it out, and the other yarn bombs if you get the chance.

Lastly, on August 23rd and 24th, I will be participating in the Integrates Art Festival in Victoria BC. Come down town to Broad street to see some of my amazing yarn bombs in live action! This is the biggest thing I have been apart of yet, and really hop it invites me to new artistic opportunities. I hope to see you there!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment